| Archive Index | Area 51 Mailing List Archive | Ufomind |
From: "Myron W. Donnelly"Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 05:04:29 -0800 Subject: Sabotage of drones suspected at Fort Huachuca Sierra Vista Herald, Monday September 30, 1996 Someone is apparently trying to sabotage the Hunter UAV program on Fort Huachuca by placing rocks in areas of the aircraft, knowledgeable sources said. The Army is offering a $5,000 reward leading to the arrest and conviction of a suspect or suspects in conjunction with an investigation into alleged tampering involving the Hunter, a post public affairs specialist said. While someone is apparently tampering with the Hunters, the U.S. House of Representatives has approved $12 million more for the program, Ron Forman, spokesman for Republican U.S. Rep. Jim Kolbe, said. Neither Bill Lopez of the public affairs office nor Paul Boyce, a spokesman for the Army's Criminal Investigation Command, would comment as to what type of tampering occurred. Both said because the incident is under investigation they were not at liberty to discuss specific information. Sources told the Sierra Vista Herald that small rocks had been added to areas of the aircraft which could have caused a malfunction or a crash. Boyce did say there were two incidents, one on Sept. 16 and the other on Sept. 19. ------------------ I called and talked to the Sierra Vista Herald today, and the incidents are still under investigation. Myron W. Donnelly donnelly@yoda.tron.cochise.cc.az.us ------------------
Area 51 Mailing List - Standards and General Information
Sponsored by the Area 51 Research Center.
Moderated by Glenn Campbell.
Technical contact:
webmaster@ufomind.com
Financial support for this web server is provided by the Research Center Catalog.