Earth Aliens On Earth.com
Resources for those who are stranded here
Earth
Our Bookstore is OPEN
Over 5000 new & used titles, competitively priced!
Topics: UFOs - Paranormal - Area 51 - Ghosts - Forteana - Conspiracy - History - Biography - Psychology - Religion - Crime - Health - Geography - Maps - Science - Money - Language - Recreation - Technology - Fiction - Other - New
Search... for keyword(s)  

Location: Mothership -> Area 51 -> List -> 1997 -> Jun -> USAF: Roswell "Space Aliens" Were Dummies [Reuters]

NOTICE: The page below has been permenently FROZEN as of January 2000. Due to resource limitations, this section of our website is no longer maintained, so some links may not work and some information may be out of date. We have retained this page for archive reference only, and we cannot vouch for its accuracy. Broken links will not be repaired, and minor errors will not be corrected. You are responsible for independently verifying any information you may find here. More Info

For more recent information about Area 51, see the new Area 51 Research Center maintained by Don Emory.

USAF: Roswell "Space Aliens" Were Dummies [Reuters]

From: Stig_Agermose@online.pol.dk (Stig Agermose)
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 21:37:57 -0800
Subject: USAF: Roswell "Space Aliens" Were Dummies [Reuters]

USAF: Roswell "Space Aliens'' Were Dummies

02:48 p.m Jun 24, 1997 Eastern


By Charles Aldinger


WASHINGTON (Reuter) - The U.S. Air Force reported Tuesday that "space
aliens'' who supposedly crashed in the New Mexico desert 50 years ago
were only military dummies used in high-altitude parachute drops.

A 231-page Air Force report aimed at ending longstanding speculation
over the so-called Roswell Incident denied the military had recovered
bodies from damaged flying saucers in 1947 and had been covering up the
discovery ever since.

Released a week before the incident's 50th anniversary, the report said
the controversy began with reports of unusual activities near the town
of Roswell but it involved recovery operations of high-altitude
research balloons.

The report also said the bodies of aliens that witnesses reported
seeing in the desert in separate incidents years later were dummies
carried aloft by Air Force balloons and dropped in parachutes for
scientific research.

"This comprehensive examination of the so-called 'Roswell Incident'
found no evidence whatsoever of flying saucers, space aliens or
sinister government cover-ups,'' it said. "The misrepresentations of
Air Force activities as an extraterrestrial 'incident' is misleading to
the public and is simply an affront to the truth.''

To make the point, the report included photographs of human look-alike
dummies and balloons being recovered.

But the private Fund for UFO Research, based at Mount Rainier,
Maryland., attacked the report, noting that the test dummies were not
dropped by parachute until 1955 and that the Air Force simply claimed
that the time discrepancy was due to faulty memories on the part of
eyewitnesses.

"The U.S. Air Force proposes simply a naked theory to explain the
first-hand testimony of witnesses,'' it said in a statement, adding
that it was hard to imagine how all of the witnesses could have
mistaken dummies for "creatures from outside the Earth.''

Despite the lack of hard evidence, Roswell has become an article of
faith for those who believe in extraterrestrial life and up to 100,000
people were expected in the town next week for the golden anniversary
of the alleged alien landing.

But the Air Force said Tuesday facts countered the speculation. "This
report is based on thoroughly documented research supported by official
records, technical reports, film footage, photographs and interviews
with individuals who were involved in these events,'' it said.

The report said claims of bodies at the Roswell Army Air Field Hospital
that helped feed the speculation were most likely a combination of two
separate incidents in 1956 in which 11 Air Force personnel died in a
KC-97 aircraft accident and two airmen were injured in a manned balloon
mishap.

Some defense officials conceded privately on Tuesday that the report
was unlikely to sway hard-line believers in unidentified flying objects
(UFOs) from space and the few remaining witnesses to the Roswell event.

On July 7, 1947, the Roswell Army Air Field issued a press release
saying it was in possession of a "flying disk'' that had fallen, but
the same evening an Air Force general in Fort Worth, Texas, said the
craft was in fact a weather balloon.

Walter Haut, the army press officer who put out the first news release,
says he still believes it was accurate.

One of the few living witnesses, Frank Kaufmann, now 81, still insists
he saw dead aliens put into body bags after their spacecraft crashed
near the town 50 years ago. He was a civilian employee at Roswell Army
Air Field in 1947 when he was sent to see what had crashed into a dry
river bed.

Kaufmann said he got a close look at two bodies, one in the wreckage
and one slumped against a rock wall in the river bed. ''They were very
good-looking people, ash-colored faces and skin ... about
five-feet-five tall, eyes a little more pronounced, small ears, small
nose, fine features and hairless,'' he said, adding that he saw
military personnel place five corpses into body bags and remove them in
jeeps.



Ufomind Index: Air Force Dummy Explanation for Roswell Bodies


Mothership -> Area 51 -> List -> 1997 -> Jun -> Here

Our Design and Original Text Copyrighted © 1994-99 Area 51 Research Center
PO Box 30303, Las Vegas, NV 89173   Glenn Campbell, Webmaster & Moderator

This site is supported by the Ufomind Bookstore
Please visit our business if you appreciate our free web services.  New Items

Send corrections to webmaster@ufomind.com

This page: http://www.aliensonearth.com/area51/list/1997/jun/a25-001.shtml   (12/19/00 3:47)
We encourage you to link to this page from your own. No permission required.

Created: