UFO UpDates Mailing List
From: James Easton <100626.2242@compuserve.com> Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 20:41:53 -0500 Fwd Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 16:57:27 -0500 Subject: 'Autopsy Cameraman' Interview Transcript From what's been said publicly and from correspondence with Ray Santilli, it's possible to piece together the story of the video showing a person who claims to be the "alien autopsy" cameraman. According to Robert Kiviat, the Executive Producer of the US FOX Network's "Alien Autopsy: Fact or Fiction" documentary, Ray Santilli, "arranged to have the cameraman answer 25 of my questions concerning the story". It's understood that on 12th July, 1996, the tape was delivered to Robert Kiviat and Gary Shoefield, Ray Santilli's business partner, at a prearranged hotel room in New York. Kiviat was allowed to watch the video three times, but was not given the tape. The tape was handed over by a man who claimed to be the cameraman's son and apparently this person also appears briefly on the video tape. An opinion from someone who has seen the video tape, is that the person on film has a strong New York accent. On 9 December, 1996, during an on-line internet interview with OMNI, Kiviat stated, "I have that video "in the can" as we say and we are planning a possible broadcast to show the cameraman's face for the first time on television anywhere. Unfortunately, it's not a full interview and it may not be up to network television standards. I am doing the best I can. Truly". Referring to the possibility of showing the video to Retired Air Force Lieutenant Colonel Daniel A. McGovern, a former combat cameraman who has offered to speak with the cameraman in confidence, Kiviat added, "If I had it my way, I'd be flying to McGovern's house tonight to show him the footage. The only reason I can't do that is because my agreement with Santilli is that we both hold rights to the cameraman's interview and I have to clear that with him. My guess is that sometime in the next few months during the course of producing another program, McGovern will be shown the footage. That's my hope. Santilli clearly is asking for more money and to have it be part of a production that I would make. Unfortunately, I do not have a green light for production yet". Some time after Kiviat had been allowed to view the video, it was also shown on separate occasions to Michael Hesemann and Bob Shell. On Friday 16 August, 1996, during a German speaking conference on one of the CompuServe forums, Hesemann revealed full details of the video. I wrote to Ray Santilli asking if he would like to comment on this disclosure and he replied, "I am sorry that news of the cameraman's interview is out, however please note at present there are NO plans to use it". He also added, "The whole thing will be attempted again later this year". During subsequent discussions, he spoke of his dilemma with the tape; "The content of the cameraman's interview really wasn't the problem. The problem revolved around the way in which it was filmed. To cut a long story short he insisted on filming it himself as he wanted to be in control of the lighting and the style of the interview - he wanted his image in silhouette. However expert he may of been with film in the old days, he made a complete mess of the shoot on digital tape because by turning up the brightness of any viewer you could get a clear picture of the man himself. The other problem was his nervousness - for the most part you can see him shaking. It is great film footage however we have promised not to let it go". This final comment, makes the sale of the broadcast rights something of a surprise. Although it may seem that the person alleged to be the cameraman's son brought the _previously unseen_ video for Kiviat to view and Shoefield to take back to London, that's perhaps not the case. On 9 May, 1996, researcher and journalist Robert Irving, told me of a phone call he had received earlier that day from a colleague at the BBC. The BBC had apparently been contacted by a known associate of Santilli's and offered the broadcast rights to a video of the "alien autopsy" cameraman answering some questions. Santilli's associate had told the BBC of the background to the video and as Robert Irving recalled, "Fox TV - who hold the US rights to the interview - sent an audio tape of questions to Ray Santilli, who passed them on to the cameraman. The cameraman then conducted his solitary interview in silhouette, with the video running. So far, so good... presumably Fox could add cutaways later. Apparently, the cameraman (or someone) decided the silhouette wasn't dark enough, so his face is having to be pixelated, and an actor's voice-over added". Although this story was merely of passing interest at the time, in hindsight, there seems a strong case that this was the same interview which later surfaced in a New York hotel bedroom. "After filming I had several hundred reels. I separated problem reels which required special attention in processing. These I would do later. The first batch was sent through to Washington, and I processed the remainder a few days later. Once the remaining reels had been processed, I contacted Washington to arrange collection of the final batch. Incredibly, they never came to collect or arrange transportation for them. I called many times and then just gave up. The footage has remained with me ever since". Ray Santilli alleges this to be the cameraman's own story of the monumental foul-up which allowed him to store the reels of "Roswell" film. But one point which seems quite clear is that these were not the occasional "problem" reels from the autopsy, these reels contain most, if not in fact all, of the film which he shot. The clues are in the documentation of the reels, as demonstrated in "Roswell: The Footage", the video released by Ray Santilli's own company, Roswell Footage Ltd. This contains the "raw" footage and helpfully, each reel is preceded by a description. The autopsy footage reportedly consists of the following reels: Reel No. 53 Body No. 2 10:05 Reel Un-numbered Body/Leg 10:20 Reel No. 56 Body/Leg No. 2 10:40 Reel No. 59 Chest No. 2 Reel No. 61 Chest No. 2 Reel No. 62 Head/Eyes No. 2 Reel No. 63 Head No. 2 11:30 Reel No. 64 Head No. 2 Reel Un-numbered Brain 11:45 The time is taken from the clock visible at certain points. The last reel isn't numbered, but the content follows on from the previous reel and judging by the time on the clock, it would seem to be "Reel No. 65". The first reel, which does show the opening sequences, is "Reel No. 53" and the total number of reels would therefore be thirteen. Ray Santilli has at least nine of those reels and as the cameraman's story claims that none of them were never forwarded, then, at best, only four reels of film could ever have been. And that's assuming Santilli doesn't have them also. He claims, "a good 50% of the footage we had, we were not able to retrieve an image from", although there seem to be anomalies with that claim. The "second autopsy" footage released by Santilli is only one of two such films he has. The other, claimed to be the "first autopsy", was shown privately to a few people, but has never been released on video. It's apparently very similar, but features a slightly smaller body, which has no visible injuries. Judging from descriptions, Santilli again seems to have most, if not all, of this film. It might be conceivable that a few "problem" reels could be overlooked, but the story is actually about two unique and historical films of inestimable scientific and medical value, yet, seemingly of no subsequent interest to anyone. Despite the certain government and military concerns about the Russians acquiring some knowledge of the incident and, more importantly, the technology which was recovered, the security procedures were so strict and the "cover up" so thorough, that the cameraman could take home over 20 reels of film showing the recovery, debris, both autopsies and even some film confirming the presence of President Truman! That's exactly what Ray Santilli claims to have acquired - although the recovery and Truman images were unfortunatley "irretrievable". It may seem a somewhat incredulous scenario, nevertheless, it is the true perspective of the "Roswell" footage story. James. E-mail: pulsar@compuserve.com
UFO UpDates - Toronto -
updates@globalserve.net
Operated by Errol Bruce-Knapp - ++ 416-696-0304
A Hand-Operated E-Mail Subscription Service for the Study of UFO Related
Phenomena.
To subscribe please send your first and last name to
updates@globalserve.net
Message submissions should be sent to the same address.
|
Link it to the appropriate Ufologist or UFO Topic page. |
Archived as a public service by Area 51 Research Center which is not
responsible for content.
Financial support for this web server is provided by the
Research Center Catalog.
Software by Glenn Campbell.
Technical contact:
webmaster@ufomind.com