Earth Aliens On Earth.com
Resources for those who are stranded here
Earth
UFOs | Paranormal | Area 51
People | Places | Random
Top 100 | What's New
Catalog | New Books
Search... for keyword(s)  

Our Bookstore
is OPEN
Mothership -> UFO -> Updates -> 1998 -> Oct -> Here

UFO UpDates Mailing List

Current Status Of John Ford

From: Elaine M Douglass <elaine26@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 1998 23:17:14 EDT
Fwd Date: Sat, 10 Oct 1998 09:22:26 -0400
Subject: Current Status Of John Ford


Attention Friends Of John Ford

Oct. 8, 1998


This message, and the recent letters from UFO activist John Ford
below, are going to all in my address book who've expressed an
interest in John's case in past. My own  inolvement dates from
the time of John's arrest some two years ago when I was
instrumental in forming the John Ford Defense Committee.

As you may recall, John was arrested on charges of threatening
to harm someone on Long Island. John may have said threatening
words, but if so it was an idle boast as men do when they get
together. My fundamental belief about the arrest of John Ford
has not changed: John Ford never harmed anyone, he would not
harm anyone, and he should not be in jail. Unfortunately, he
still is in jail.

The John Ford Defense Committee web site is still up, I believe,
and anyone wanting to read my original article in defense of
John can do so at www.iwaynet.net/~pic

The following 2 letters were received from John in Sept. & Oct.
l998. The letters are heartfelt and describe John's current
circumstances.

Feel free to write to John at:

John Ford (8-29-48),
Riverhead County Jail,
100 Centre Drive,
Riverhead,
NY 11981

Dear Friends:

I am very sorry about not writing to all of you for the past 6
months. I was very depressed and felt like not writing to anyone
while I was in the hospital. The atmosphere was depressing and I
didn't have the desire to write.

Last Thursday I was transferred back to the County Jail at
Riverhead (NY) after it was determined by the hospital I was
competent to stand trial. The end result is I am sitting in a
cell awaiting a trial date in Riverhead. I've been to court
today and I go back Thursday to receive a trial date. It would
be a week or 30 days from now.

I have to admit I am a little scared to go to trial since I
don't know how things will come out and there appears to be a
lot of damaging evidence on their side of the question--a lot of
which appears to be made up and is just short of perjury.

This has cost me my home (sold at auction Jan. 20), my credit
rating, my public reputation, and the organization--the Long
Island UFO Network--I slaved 10 years to create. Now my very
freedom is at stake as it nears the deadline for a trial date.

I ask this of all you all--to keep the faith and say a little
prayer to the man upstairs and wish me luck when I go back to
court.

My stay at the Mid-Hudson hospital was a break from the
atmosphere of the jail here at Riverhead, though both are
depressing places. I managed to lose 47 lbs at the hospital
because they put me on a reduction diet. I had ballooned up to
267 lbs during the year I was in jail before going to the
hospital. So far I have slimmed down and intend to lose more
weight.

My attorney John Rouse is working hard for me and he is trying
to get the charges dismissed. I hope he succeeds. We'll see what
happens.

Thank you all for sticking beside me. Thank you for all the help
you have extended on my behalf, and the money you have sent. I
am deeply indebted to you all. Sincerely, John Ford

P.S. Any of you who wish may contact Preston Nichols here on
Long Island at 516-581-1574. He can give you a running dialogue
of what is happening.

-----

Oct. 1998

Dear Friends:

Some of you have written, and I thank you for the sentiments
expressed. As some of you said, I deserved none of this. It's
true, but it has happened anyway,.

The blame for it rests squarely on the shoulders of the UFO
coverup. From everything I have endured and experienced I have
developed the belief that the coverup is administered here on
Long Island and partly expressed through the Suffolk County
Police Department.

We've known the police department here on the Island has a
special briefing manual distributed to inspectors, deputy
inspectors and precinct commanders detailing what to do in a UFO
situation, how to control and cover up the situation, and what
federal agencies to contact to get them to intervene and cover
up the incident. They also have harrassed us in the the past and
have threatened us in the past both verbally and in writing.

The police have also cooperated with the Feds in staging
situations where they can discredit the reputation of
individuals who are UFO witnesses. Their usual method is to run
the witness (victim) into Stonybrook psychological department on
either a suicide attempt charge or stating the person is acting
strangely. From there either the person is usually confined or
has been threatened by the police and psychiatrists into
silence. They do this and I know for a fact they they do it
because they did it to several key witnesses from the Southaven
Park UFO crash case. Now they are doing it to me.

The third day I was imprisoned I was told I had an attorney
visit. I went there expecting to see John Rouse, but I was led
into a cubicle where they was an attorney sitting waiting for
me. It wasn't John Rouse. As I sat down he introduced himself as
a Mr. Kevin Kerraus, and he informed me he was here to represent
me free of charge. He further stated he was from friends on the
outside who were deeply concerned about me. He went on to say he
had been in conference with Catterson (the District Attorney)
and that all I had to do was wait and Catterson would drop the
charges. When he would do so would be at his own discretion.

This was said along with the stipulation that if I didn't want
to wait I could take a plea and that would mean upstate jail
time. So I was left with the alternative to wait for the
dismissal. That is what I am doing right now. I'm still waiting
for the dismissal.

Take care of yourselves, and God bless.

Sincerely,
John Ford




[ Next Message | Previous Message | This Day's Messages ]
[ This Month's Index | UFO UpDates Main Index | MUFON Ontario ]

UFO UpDates - Toronto - updates@globalserve.net
Operated by Errol Bruce-Knapp - ++ 416-696-0304

A Hand-Operated E-Mail Subscription Service for the Study of UFO Related Phenomena.
To subscribe please send your first and last name to updates@globalserve.net
Message submissions should be sent to the same address.


[ UFO Topics | People | Ufomind What's New | Ufomind Top Level ]

To find this message again in the future...
Link it to the appropriate Ufologist or UFO Topic page.

Archived as a public service by Area 51 Research Center which is not responsible for content.
Software by Glenn Campbell. Technical contact: webmaster@ufomind.com

Financial support for this web server is provided by the Research Center Catalog.